Act 1: Friendly Welcome

Interviewer:  Hi my name is Jana, and I would like to welcome you and thank you for coming in today to help us! First off, I just would like to ensure I am pronouncing your name correctly.

This will be pretty informal, will be asking quite a few questions but I am not testing you, there are no right or wrong answers. Instead, I am having you test our product and give us feedback.  Have you ever done something like this before? If you have any questions at any time, please ask.

Act 2: Contextual Questions

Interviewer: Kathy, how long have you been a pilot for?  Do you have your own plane?  How often do you manage to get out flying?  Do you prefer to fly at night or only during the day?  Where do you like to fly to? Have you ever used an app for planning your flights? Did you find them useful? Hard or easy to navigate?  What did you like best about them?  Did you pay for any of them?

Act 3:  Introduce Prototype

Interviewer:  If it is ok with you, I would like you have a look and try our app to help us identify what part/parts may not be working.  You can be totally honest, you won’t hurt anyone’s feelings, you are doing us a big favor.  Let me know as you go along if you have any questions, there are not wrong questions or answers!

Act 4:  Tasks and Nudges

Interviewer:  Let’s say you wanted to fly to Kelowna, show me how you would see if this location is possible for you to fly.  How about if you wanted to show only the helipads in Kelowna?  Now let’s say you are in Kelowna and wanted to go to another city, how would find out by looking at the map what is located in your range?

Act 5: Quick Debrief

Interviewer:  How might you describe this app to another pilot?  What do you think of this app?

What would you change about this experience today?  Thank you for helping us out today!